Tuesday 13 December 2011

A KNIGHT'S TALE

Was flipping through my notebook today (it's the fourth day of the countdown to the end of my intern-ship by the way) and I stumbled on a poem I had written a while back but didn't finish. So I decided to finish it today in the office and so here it is. I call it KNIGHT IN LOVE. Hope you enjoy it!!

What an irony,
           indeed it's true!!
For I'm always on his mind,
           as you are in mine too!!
My heart feels taken,
          given as in a duel.
Fighting a long lost battle,
          and knowing not what to do.
It's fate that keeps us bound,
          in these two separate plains:
Apart, yet so close;
         Together, yet so far away.
Love was our sail-boat,
          but now is lost at sea;
                                        beaten down by the stormy waves of passion and greed,
                                        now is washed ashore the sandy beaches of our past,
                                        broken down and dismembered, who knew it wouldn't last.
The gulls and crabs and things
        sort through the remains,
The last bit of what once was,
        scattered through the plains.
But out of the stormy clouds,
        peeks the morning sun.
And out of the debris of our old love,
        new life has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment